PDA

View Full Version : Problems

Aido
09-18-2003, 07:16 AM
I am creating an explosion inside a building. I want pieces of wall to explode at different times. I have set up mutliple solvers to comtrol when these wall pieces move.
When I run the simulation, some pieces bounce from my passive walls and others go through them.
Can someone tell me how to correctly use multiple solvers with a single passive rigid body so that everything will have collision ?
Thanks
Ayjay:thumbsup:

Jozvex
09-19-2003, 01:28 AM
Hmm, I've been looking around and trying stuff out in Maya but it seems to be that objects from different solvers can't interact with each other!

But then again that makes sense. One of the main reasons why you'd have multiple solvers is so that your scene doesn't have to detect collisions between objects that are miles apart, when you know they'll never touch.

Instead of using multiple solvers, could you just key the walls from passive to active at the right time?

Aido
09-19-2003, 01:38 AM
Thanks very much, once again you have saved a huge headache !
Its been a huge learning process dealing with dynamics but its starting to get complex.
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Ayjay:thumbsup:

Jozvex
09-19-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Ayjay
Thanks very much, once again you have saved a huge headache !

Not a problem! Maybe I should become a super hero...... yes! That's it! I'll call myself......Captain Maya!!!

No question (that I know the answer to) shall ever go unanswered again!!!

:surprised

stallion151
09-19-2003, 09:10 AM
NERD :applause:

Jozvex
09-19-2003, 10:02 AM
HA!

You'll call me Sir one day when I've become a Maya Master! Nerd indeed, couldn't be further from the truth..

*Jozvex goes off to study the Maya manual again*

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.