PDA

View Full Version : tricky blendshapes

thebrianproject
06-08-2010, 06:28 PM
This one is a little tricky. Let us say that I have character, whose face geo, and body geo, are the same piece of geometry. Now lets say that I want one set of blendshapes for the face, and another for the body (corrective blendshapes).

I've noticed that I can't really have multiple blendshape nodes on one piece of geometry. I think that it has something to do with the input orders. Is there a setting somewhere, maybe in the option box for allowing two different blendshape nodes to play together?

Darksuit
06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
yes you can have multiple blend shapes on a single piece of Geo effecting different portions doing different things at the same time.

After adjusting the input order you may also want to adjust the blend weights as well.

Some people prefer to select all blends and apply them at once. While others will do blends in groups in relation to the portion that they are effecting. I tend to find fewer problems with my blends when I do the former. (create all my blends first apply, name and apply them all at the same time, then skin my Geo.)

mfiorilli
06-10-2010, 03:50 PM
You need to add all your blendshape at the same time (select all of them and select your original geometry, create blendshape) This way, they will work together. You can always add more with the menu Edit Deformers -> BlendShape -> Add. This way you always have one blendshape node and all your shapes work together. Another way is to have multiple blendshape nodes and connect them using "Parallel" (in the deformation order) Your blendshape won't overwrite each other but they will adds the deformation on top of each other.

Hope it helped

thebrianproject
06-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Awesome, thanks for the help guys! Is there a way to make two blendshape nodes parallel if they weren't set up that way initially?

mfiorilli
06-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't think so, but you can always delete them all and remake them parallel. Just type delete blendShape1 (or whatever the name of your blendshape) and remake them parallel.

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2010, 06:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.