PDA

View Full Version : School Searching

lucaswschmidt
06-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi, I have an art degree and a general understanding of 3d modeling. I've been studying ZBrush for about 9 months and really like what I've learned. Unfortunately I'm currently spinning my wheels at a job that really stresses me out and I'm not learning fast enough in my free time and really want to go back to school.

I really want to learn how to apply 3D modeling and digital sculpture, especially ZBrush, to toy design. The author of a top row thread at ZBrush Central said that that industry is starting to move towards 3D.

Does anyone know of a school that will give me the 3D and general art skills that will help me move forward?

MrConterno
06-09-2010, 05:09 AM
I have also heard that most toy companies are moving to CG.

I suggest the following schools.

Gnomon
Vancouver Film School (aka VFS)
Vancouver Arts (if money is an issue)

If ZBrush is a major interest I know Gnomon has one of the makers of ZBrush teaching it. He definitely knows the program inside and out.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, not exactly familiar with what toy companies look for :/. One thing you may wish to check on is if these companies expect a degree. In film and games and such a degree is basically worthless. I'm not sure if this is the same for this specific field though.

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2010, 05:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.