PDA

View Full Version : blendshapes for a naked character

atarigraffx
06-07-2010, 04:53 PM
hello all

having a morning issue i cant seem to figure out.

i created some blendshapes for unibody character. usually i detach the head from the body and hide it under some clothes but this is a cartoony creature fellow so no clothes.

i rigged and skinned the entire chracter and then i made the blendshapes from the whole body without thinking. then i proceeded to create a facial GUI and attach the controls

now when i pose the characters limb they revert back to its bind pose if i try to use the facial GUI, which seems pretty obvious to me now

if anybody could offer some quick pointers that would be great

tonytouch
06-07-2010, 05:31 PM
right now your evaluation order is wrong : first skincluster , then blendshape

to change this

simply click on the first little "arrow"-button ( between the magnet-symbol and the render-settings on top of maya / it is the button for "inputs to selected objects" ) and then on "All Inputs"

once the inputList of operations shows up , you can move the "head-blendshape" node "in front of the skincluster-node" ... this should be it ... then you will have changed the evaluation order to : blendshapes and then skincluster

atarigraffx
06-07-2010, 05:49 PM
right now your evaluation order is wrong : first skincluster , then blendshape

oh okey, sweet thank you

that makes perfect sense but for some reason when i try to get to my all inputs menu

all i get is an error

// Error: Object 'row1' not found. //

...i have no idea what object maya is talking about

tonytouch
06-07-2010, 10:31 PM
are you using maya2011 ?

because i just read about some "row 1"-error on the-area.com
http://the-area.com/forum/autodesk-maya/autodesk-maya-2011/maya-row1-object-error-and-transfer-uv-or-blendshape/

sounds like you are having a similar problem , but this guy did not get any answer on the forum there yet.

---------
you might want to use a mel-command , instead of the "All Inputs"-window , if nothing else helps

reorderDeformers "skinCluster1" "blendShape1" "pCylinder1";

where "pCylinder1" is the mesh , followed by "blendShape1" and "skinCluster1" ( i guess you need to define it in reverse-order in the command ) try to replace your "skincluster"-name , "blenshape"-name and "mesh"_transform .

i hope this helps you

--------
as far as i guess , as i never heard about a "row 1" problem before - i think you are in maya2011 and it is one of the new QT_integrationbugs . if that is the case , it would be great , if this problem would be reproducable - in order to report this bug to AD
--------------
... it took me 4 minutes to reproduce this issue , it seems to be a maya2011-bug .

---------------------

i think, I might take the time tomorrow , to report this bug ( reproducable ) to http://bugs.thnkr.com

---------------------------
@edit:
can you try this command ?

string $sel[] = `ls -sl`; detachHistoryTable $sel[0] 0 input ""; select $sel;

seems , like this is an already known issue

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-maya/rigging/major-problem-deformation-order/

atarigraffx
06-08-2010, 04:26 PM
---------
you might want to use a mel-command , instead of the "All Inputs"-window , if nothing else helps

reorderDeformers "skinCluster1" "blendShape1" "pCylinder1";

where "pCylinder1" is the mesh , followed by "blendShape1" and "skinCluster1" ( i guess you need to define it in reverse-order in the command ) try to replace your "skincluster"-name , "blenshape"-name and "mesh"_transform .

i hope this helps you

--------

this worked.

thank you thank you thank you!

hope autodesk sorts out all these bugs, anyways much appreciated

cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2010, 04:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.