PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the Combustion Exchange FTP Site

Alex Udell
09-17-2003, 10:34 PM
How many times have you seen a Combustion query here that you knew how to answer, but it would just take too much time to describe in writing?

Didn't you wish you had a place where you could just post a sample project or result that explained the process and point people to it?

Well, now you can.

Introducing: ftp://combustionexchange.no-ip.com
Password: learn

Notes:
1) I'm starting this small, so don't expect blazing speed. This all on my DSL connection, so some of that bandwidth needs to be saved for me to get my work done.

2) When posting, I suggest: ZIP everything related to the project in one file, use compressed sources (we'll get the idea), include a text file briefly describing what the project is supposed to relate to or maybe the forum post it relates to, and an e-mail so that ppl can ask follow up questions if it's not clear. Name the ZIP as relevantly as you can.

3) Do not post Copyrighted media or software you do not have permission for. I don't take responsibility for the content, that is up to you. Be aware and be careful. Watermark your collaterals if necssary.

4) This is not "Alex's combustion Tutorials" FTP. I will contribute to it, but really what I'm trying to provide is the place.

I hope you find this useful.

Thanks,

Alex Udell
site admin

Chris
09-18-2003, 03:23 AM
Nice one Alex! :thumbsup: Thats a great idea, & very nice of you to provide the ftp space :)

boomji
09-21-2003, 12:39 PM
hi,
thanx for doing this.
If i ever get down to porting ayatos tuts to C2 i'd post them here...just what i wanted.

thank you sooo much.

b

Hugh
09-21-2003, 11:37 PM
Alex: drop me an e-mail at hugh@vfxtalk.com and, if you're interested, we can get you some space on the VFXTalk.com (http://www.vfxtalk.com) server for this.

Anyway, it sounds like a great idea, and the kind of thing a lot of people would be interested in....

dg
09-25-2003, 07:51 AM
Very, very nice, great idea mate, thanks!

Cheers! 8)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.