PDA

View Full Version : OXSYD Concept

cgdigi
06-05-2010, 05:50 PM
i love the over all design on this one.. good luck!!!

ANTARKTIK
06-05-2010, 05:53 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/424414_1275760413/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/424414_1275760413/1024bound)This image is made for Syd mead contest , i have mixed lot of different brush and try to make an emotionnal and futuristic atmosphere.

ANTARKTIK
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
thank you , i have take time to make it...

cgdigi
06-06-2010, 04:25 AM
hhmm whats happened to this thread, your image should come first not my comment and also on the thread list. :eek:

chrisskinner78
06-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Really nice illustration! The design of the vehicle is very cool and so is the overall atmosphere of the image. If I was being picky I'd keep an eye on your characters in the scene as it looks like they are all stood in the same pose and that the two nearest the vehicle are mirrored versions.

techguy
06-06-2010, 08:46 AM
great job on this!!!

LostTraveler
06-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Wow incredible work. the lighting is awsome and the design is right on the money. This one goes into the top ten (easily) so far.

jtrillo
06-07-2010, 02:33 AM
This one goes right to the point fitting on a nvidia box. Even though the perspective is a little odd I like it a lot, It reminds me the oldstyle collages. Good luck

ianultra
06-07-2010, 06:28 AM
background and vehicle are well balanced.

mrpeace
06-15-2010, 09:02 AM
This is killer...! I am totally blown by this piece... your style... the design its all marvelous. There could be no better way to expressing admiration on Mead... Keep it up!

eddkeefe
06-18-2010, 02:52 PM
All the above comments just about cover it, nice work and good luck.

edd

dave247
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this is a horrible piece? It looks like a bunch of photo's poorly composited in Photoshop. There are a lot of "cheats" used... like blurring the lines where the details come together such as the light on the car.. the car body itself seems undefined.. and what definition there is just looks bad. The best thing in this image are the wheels, but even they don't look like sensible wheels for a vehicle like that... they look like super shiny plastic. Again, the body is horrible... its like a half-assed diamond shaped that's supposed to be a chassis. I don't think so. Then there are employed several noob photoshop tricks for the background and flair. The people are just photo cut outs.

This is probably the worst piece of digital artwork I've ever seen on cgtalk...and the internet.

Sorry, but I'm being honest.

jtrillo
08-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I agree about the photoshop tricks, this is a collage image with vector or mask templates. I really don't like it and I think there are a bunch of other works that are better than this one and didn't win anything. Anyway I respect the judges decision and I am glad I could participate amongst such good artists.

LightSovereign
08-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Jtrillo

i wonder if you remember this comment by you earlier?

This one goes right to the point fitting on a nvidia box. Even though the perspective is a little odd I like it a lot, It reminds me the oldstyle collages. Good luck.

so now that it has placed all of a sudden you DON'T like it?. Sorry mate but that is just absolutely hypocritical..

I have been quite vocal in the FAQ so i will try to keep this simple.

I just find it interesting that there is a real prejudice on technique, Digital is sooo much more than just simply being able to recreate a good old fashioned 2d technique using a wacom, So it is completely o.k to hop between c4d and Illustrator but not to use Photography...except if it is used in such a manor that it reflects realistic Matte Painting. I don't begrudge this technique at all, My first works in PS were infact photo manipulations, I learned (self taught)Illustration some 2 years afterward, So for mine i really don't mind how you get the final result so long as you do...

there was never a limitation in the brief as to how the result should be approached..And i find it interesting that there is some support for this concept until it placed, to which the knives came out :(

Just my 2 dollars and 3 cents worth :)

peace

Marley

LightSovereign
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
By the way, Gary. Big Congratulations to you, well done :D

Marley

chrisskinner78
08-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah come on guys, you are coming across pretty sour with your comments. To simply say you just don't like it is rude, there's a lot of artwork out there that I don't like but that doesn't mean I'm right.

The judges obviously saw something they liked in this piece and I think I get it as well, not my favourite in the comp but it has a really nice atmosphere to the image (most artwork can be improved upon). I also think unless it states otherwise in the rules that you can approach the artwork however you like, traditional, digital, empty plastic bottles and cereal boxes... Whatever it takes to get the look you want.

Good work on the commendation PXMEMORY.

TMunro
08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Congratulations on the commendation from Mead! Awesome work :)

davek1979
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
While I don't understand how Syd could have overlooked the basic principles of this competition (eh... let me think, yes... make an image that looks like it was done by Syd!) by commending this image, I do admit it has nice colors.
Personally it strongly reminds me of Syd's Megacoach, maybe that's why Syd liked it so much.
Design itself aside, people seem to be slapped there just for the hell of it as they don't fulfill any role there. Take any Syd's image, the people are there NATURALLY, they blend with the image/composition in a natural way. This is not the case.
No Syd here, but still nice colors.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.