PDA

View Full Version : particle like fireflies motion

takhachhe
06-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I tried to create the motion of firelies using plfow. I used two wind as a force one with high scale and other with low scale and some drag force too. but Its not working. The motion should be like its takes some speed and and after some period of time its speed slows down like getting confuse to find another way and again takes speed.

Does any body know how to create such motion?

JohnnyRandom
06-05-2010, 09:02 PM
create a few loops with different speeds and turbulant forces, create a 2 or 3 new events and add speed/force operators then age test out with some variation in age, wire these in events in order, then wire the last events age test back to the first event that has the speed/force operators. Now a particle will travel through the different events and come back and do it again. :)

Glacierise
06-06-2010, 03:28 PM
You could also benefit from the option to apply force animation on a particle based on event age - the animation in strength of the force can be applied to each particle as it enters the event. Thus you can animate the drags and winds.

takhachhe
06-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Thankx a lot guys.. This idea seems much more easy to handle. I tried this way and its helping me to control the particles a lot. I used speed space follow under the rotation but after age test when it goes to another event I append another rotation so that it get continues but with some different angle. and I got the problem there when it switches to next event there is some static animation in rotation. It doesnot continue the rotation of the previous one. How to remove such static motion of rotation when it goes to next even.

Glacierise
06-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Do you really need rotation to do fireflies?

JohnnyRandom
06-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I guess it depends if you see their wings/head/bodies or not :D

How to remove such static motion of rotation when it goes to next even.

If I understand you correctly, a Go To Rotation test above the rotation operator in the next event should fix you issue, don't wire it to any events just place it above the Rotation operator, then set the amount of time in frames needed to complete the rotation transition.

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2010, 06:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.