PDA

View Full Version : Fluxion Transport

Pslavi
06-05-2010, 12:15 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/422158_1275696949/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/422158_1275696949/1024bound)The year is 2100 and a new bread of vehicle has been developed, The Fluxion is a high speed magnetic flux ion driven machine which can transverse all types of terrain. It has a magnetic ion drive on each wheel at around 200kw max power per wheel translating to 800kw total which can propel this vehicle to near 500 kph on the high speed computer controlled highways and also climb rough terrain for some wilderness fun. Each wheel is on a carbon nano pivot support structure.It sits 4 people in luxury.Power to the cells is supplied via the solar skin array of the vehicle, roads in the city have built in flux ion generators to also supply power/info data while the vehicle is in the city.
Syd Mead is a master and I have tried to resemble his image of future transport. Thank you for the inspiration.

RyanWalsh
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Nano Technology Sounds Great.

But really There is no real scientific knowledgement about how you would construct the engine.
It uses magnetics, thats swell. But you could explain maybe a bit indepth how this would function rather than throwing in intresting words that sounds pretty.

Like nanotech
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanotechnology

RyanWalsh
06-06-2010, 08:39 PM
one day will get there lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7UyspBr0-8&feature=related

TMunro
06-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Walsh, can youplease give me a few examples of Syds engineering descriptions of how his vehicles work? And until you do, stop trolling peoples threads. I'm sure I'm not the only person getting tired of your inane comments on almost every entry.

RyanWalsh
06-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Walsh, can youplease give me a few examples of Syds engineering descriptions of how his vehicles work? And until you do, stop trolling peoples threads. I'm sure I'm not the only person getting tired of your inane comments on almost every entry.

Im being courteous and polite. Im showing my respect and my opinions. Munro I dont know why you have to cross the line with me. Really. When I think of something Inventive it better have some logical explination to how things are ethically suppose to work, even if its a failure of a design.

He mentions Nano technology, but there is various Nano technologies, maybe narrowing it down as to what and where and how. Dose that makes sense to u munro

my inane critiques as you call it, is really an act of self improvement for other artists. An open door as you will. To open the floodgates of creative knowledge and scientific endevour.

Look at the type of judges we are dealing with. Im sure they want to know something that they dont already know that will surprise them, not just esthetic, artistic capacity. INVENTIVE SOUNDPROOF CONCEPT.
For Example. Friction of a vehicles brakes that works as a electric generator.
I thought of that concept ever before they began to put it into vehicles.

Call me a SOB, i dont give a damn what, Tmunro has to say :)

TMunro
06-07-2010, 12:21 AM
1. You didn't answer my question
2. Regenerative breaking was being used on prototype vehicles in the 60's, the concept though, is probably as old the electric motor, I'm pretty sure your name isn't mentioned on any of the patents.
3. "inane" means lacking significance, meaning, or point, I urge you to read some of your comments and reconsider the accuracy of my description.

I'm not interested in an argument, I'd never refer to anyone as an "SOB"

rliddell
06-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Its called a critique, lighten up a bit everyone its supposed to be fun. Nice work, I like the cityscape, and I like that you did two shots of the vehicle in multiple modes. No Syd never explains how his stuff would work, because it wouldn't. My hover-car piece wouldn't work either. Its my job everyday to make designs that do work, this contest was a nice little break to let the left side of my brain have a little more breathing room and all of the entries are very cool. Nice work, excited to see who wins.

Pslavi
06-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi guys, thanks for viewing this. No need to argue guys. I enjoy a little creative imagination and these competitions are great! Just to clarify, what i mean by carbon nano is that the pivot control needs to be very strong in this design and have certain electrical/semiconductor characteristics.The only material good for this is "Carbon nanotubes" thats what i meant, sorry for not stating it in that way. Maybe in the future we will be able to make this material for these types of vehicles to exist. As for the wheels, the arm is connected to the center rim and the rubber composite has a coil winding which acts as a motor winding and spins on the center rim. The guard has a coil which is supplied with electricity via battery cells to the carbon pivots(semiconductor style). Anyway there is to much to write lol..... ;)

TMunro
06-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Well, I really like your vehicle design and, you have my sincere apologies for my off topic posts in your thread :) I hope we get to see more entries from you.

Pslavi
06-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks TMunro, no probs mate :)

techguy
06-08-2010, 04:35 AM
naa, dont listen to ryan, he just have a "Big mouth". LOL nice design and good luck!

Pslavi
06-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks techguy :)

RyanWalsh
06-08-2010, 10:38 PM
naa, dont listen to ryan, he just have a "Big mouth". LOL nice design and good luck!

This is True.

Im like a Big Whale deep in the Sea, My Big mouth swollen fish hundreds of fish.
Tasty fishs, all these fishs screamin and im swollowin them and grinding them in my teeth and swooshing them around in my mouth and then

Gulping them down

Big fat old fish. Soo wise so intellegent, looking past my life and saying. YEP im gunna die one day. When im 89 years old.

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2010, 10:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.