PDA

View Full Version : Maya Volume Light Batch / RenderFarm problem

qup
06-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi, so i'm sitting at work, I'm rendering this scene for a commercial, I cant post any images because its NDA so please bare with me.

my problem is:

I'm setting up volume light with a MR Transmat shader and the MR Parti_Volume Shader and when i render it inside the render window in maya, everything looks great! I was happy for a minute.. however, I did notice that the volume light rays, doesnt show up in the Alpha.. my particle sims and all geo shows up fine in the alpha channel.. thought for a minute All i had to do was premultiply over white or unmult it in comp but that didnt work either. This is the case for all my render layers. So what happens is, that since the volume light gives the scene a falloff so the objects further away doesnt show up / gets blacked out, this whole 'feature' gets ignored when i farm render the scene or just batch render it in maya..

this is kinda difficult to explain without images but I hope i made myself somewhat clear..

thanks!.

Adam

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2010, 10:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.