PDA

View Full Version : LWF Vray for maya and nuke

longrayjohnson
06-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi,

can anyone point me to a tut or something where there is explained how to set up LWF in Vray and recreate the rendering in Nuke.

Thank you !

TaKIKO
06-04-2010, 02:08 PM
These are the settings we use at work.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6623/lwf.jpg

Make sure to have the srgb preview button on in your vray framebuffer when your lighting. As for working in nuke just import your renders and view them as sRGB.

longrayjohnson
06-05-2010, 02:14 PM
cheers tatiko !
could you by any chance also tell me what renderelements need to be assembled in which modes to recreate the beauty pass. do i have to take the raw or the normal elements. i guess they should be joined with plus as mode ?

TaKIKO
06-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Yes you use plus operation for such passes as reflection,lighting,specular,refraction,etc. When dealing with the raw a passes say raw lighting you need to multiple the raw lighting against your diffuse then plus that into the other passes. Same goes with the raw GI it gets multiplied with your diffuse. Watch this video (http://www.vfxvault.com/vfxvault.com/Nuke_CG_Pipelines_Chap_01.html)it will explain everything you need to know about comping your passes in nuke.

longrayjohnson
07-11-2010, 08:18 AM
do i need a physical camera to achieve realistic results ?

cgbeige
07-11-2010, 06:15 PM
It helps but it's really only needed when you use sun and sky, since they are inter-dependent.

longrayjohnson
07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
what do you mean by interdependent ?

cgbeige
07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
you will get bad sunlight if you don't use an exposure node. Some people turn the sun down but I've read that this isn't what you should do - you leave its strength as is and use a physical camera node and exposure.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.