PDA

View Full Version : command line render config

inkyLaburnham
06-04-2010, 12:21 PM
i'm trying to command line render (windows), the problem is the shell gets the mayabatch.exe from the 2009 folder, not the 2011 one, where can i configure this so 'render' uses 2011.
currently it just crashes because the 2008 renderer cant open 2011.

thanks

alex

onetime
06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm on OS X, so this might not be of any help.

When you type 'Render' into the command line, it needs to know where to find the command. In OS X this is done using an environment variable in the '.profile' file located in the user's home folder which points to the Render command in the Maya application's Contents/bin folder.

If you can find the file for Windows which compares to '.profile' for Mac, that's your best bet. Likewise, you may be able to navigate directly to the Render command and add your command to the end of that, like so:

/Applications/Autodesk/maya2011/Maya.app/Contents/bin/Render -r mr -proj <project name>

Hope that helps!

Eshta
06-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Ya, if you notice that the installer doesn't add Env anymore. so the exe doesn't call the latest vr.
you can just grab the render exe from the bin folder
I made a .bat file that has all the link path and flags. then I change it whenever I render.

CGTalk Moderation
06-12-2010, 02:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.