PDA

View Full Version : topology mess!!!

jedi123
06-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Hello there guys... I have a model i'm currently working on, it's a humanoid figure with a mechanical arm... Im just in the proces of re-topologizing him and have realised a flaw in my meathods.. you see, his right arm geometry is impeding on his torso.. Ideally, i should have cntrl/shift on his arm to make it seperate, then re topologised both body and arm, independantly... But I haven't.. I've done the head, torso, legs etc. And now I have come to do the arm....which has proved quite tricky.....would I be able to stop re topologizing, Cntrl/shift the arm out of the view, carry on, And then do the arm the same way, without completly re-doing the whole re topology... thing is.. I have 6 days left to complete this....Its too late to start again really... With out re topologizing, I have 12 million polys on my model, so rendering it in Maya.. will be tricky.. I could use decimation master... but want to be completely sure that I have no other tweaks to do before I do use it.. Any advice please would be gratefully recieved... thanks alot for reading this... hope to hear from someone soon....Please.....:)

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2010, 09:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.