PDA

View Full Version : Gnomon Texture Mapping I

GatorNic
06-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Anybody ever take it? Trying to get a little better description of it. Wondering how much actual texture painting it involves (photoshop/bodypaint)? Seems more like shader network setup, maybe UV layout etc class than a texture painting class.

Trying to increase my texturing skills, the Hard Surface texture painting class seems to be more what I am looking for, but I need a 7-10pm class unfortunately.

ThallDesign
06-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I thought it was very informative. Like another Gnomon DVD I saw, it doesn't hold your hand and explain every little mouse click or keystroke to you.

This made my progress through the DVD a bit slower because I had to do research and play around with learning box texturing on a simpler object (mailbox) before I could get to the fun stuff.

The painting isn't terribly in depth, but there are some great tips for flattening the lighting of badly lit photos, and making seamless tiles. Most of the focus is on real-world reference - getting a digital camera and exploring around town for your textures.

GatorNic
06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I actually was talking about the class at Gnomon, not the DVD.

But you bringing up the dvd does give me some info, in that the dvd may be much like the class in terms of what they would go over. :)

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.