PDA

View Full Version : URGENT !! ice cream bar ??

IslamFouda
06-02-2010, 01:11 PM
i'm doing an icecream bar with some almonds on the surface...i cant achieve the look of the chocolate coat on top of the little almond pieces like in the reference photo......any thoughts on how to do this using a shader network or any other method ??.. http://www.blogs.uni-osnabrueck.de/cmytanz/files/2009/04/magnum-almond.jpg

irwit
06-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I can think of 3 ways and it depends how fancy you want to get.

Simplest I would say is obvious, simply paint the diffuse texture correctly with a decent model of the ice cream bar. I'm guessing you have tried this already though ?

Second idea would to be to play with the sss shader. Mixing a brown outer with an inner that has more of the same brown but some more almond colour where the almonds are. This could give you a nice look.

Final idea is to do it properly.

Model the ice cream, then model the almonds, then model the chocolate and have them all separate. Then give real textures to the ice cream and almonds and give the chocolate a very slight translucent material, the depth should be about a quarter of the width of the actual chocolate.

I would guess this would give you the best result but obviously a bit more modelling work. .

IslamFouda
06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
thanks alot for the reply....very helpfull:bowdown:

techmage
06-03-2010, 07:52 AM
I would make the almonds and chocolate all in 3d, I would sculpt it in brush

animatedfox
06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
The mental ray Round Corners node could help...It makes a nice transition between interseting objects. Just drop it in the Overall Bump slot on your mia material. Worth trying as it would just take a minute.

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.