PDA

View Full Version : Cg Society Members Forums Missing?

shy-guy
06-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Hey there. I noticed three days ago that the "CG Society Members Forums" dissapeared of my Cg Talk home page. I thought it was something momentary, like someone was doing maintenance on the servers, but today i see that they are still missing.

Is it only me? Whatīs causing this?

Kirt
06-01-2010, 07:31 PM
They were removed. Not enough usage to warrant keeping them around.

shy-guy
06-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Woa... :surprised.. just like that? There were some interesting threads in those forums... for me personally the latin american thread was a great source of connections and info. :shrug:

So, all of the threads that were on those forums were obliterated? They werenīt / canīt be relocated to other forums?

Kirt
06-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Some of the threads have already been relocated. Most of them were inactive so I don't think there will be too much loss. If you can think of one that was missed and needed, let us know what it was and we can still relocate it.

Although, it's unlikely that the Latin American thread will be relocated. I think that was originally removed from the General Discussion forum because it was too OT for CGTalk.

Sorry. :sad:

salmonmoose
06-02-2010, 12:39 AM
All legacy forums are available here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=311

shy-guy
06-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Kirk
Although, it's unlikely that the Latin American thread will be relocated. I think that was originally removed from the General Discussion forum because it was too OT for CGTalk.
:sad:... Can you submit (once again) for consideration of the mods if the thread can be relocated to GD? After all, itīs not that OT, everyone who post there offers some great info regarding CG (links, interviews, forums) within the latin american context, info that i rarely find in others, more specific latin forums... i donīt see what harm could do to the forum.

With some help i kept the thread alive before. I would hate to see it gone now (and i know this may sound melodramatic or exagerated to you). If nothing can be done... then so be it.

Thanks in advance.

Kirt
06-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't think it will be moved to GD. This is a global forum and as such we find community building more effective if we include everyone in the discussions. As noble as the thread is for the Latin CG community, it may be too exclusive in regards to everyone else who visits the forum.

shy-guy
06-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Hey, yesterday i thought of something regarding this.

Do you know how every now and then, someone opens a thread in GD which goes something like "Im going to move out to X place, how is the work out there?" or "I got hire in X place and i have to go and live in X country;are there many cg'ers down there?" or "how's the industry in X country?" ....

Well, how about creating a sub-forum in the "Main Forums" area for those subjects?, like a "Global Comunications" or "CG Connections" (or something along those lines) forum? That way, every thread that deals with the subject can be relocated there (like the latin american thread) and people who have doubts or questions or who simply want to be conected with other cg minded people in their area can open their thread in the future.

Bear in mind, i have absolutely no idea what it takes or how much work it is to open a new sub-forum... im just throwing an idea out there. If i could help in anything i would like to.

What do you think Kirt? :arteest:

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2010, 11:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.