PDA

View Full Version : Terra-Nova 1 'the mole'

gergelykiss
06-01-2010, 10:23 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/319228_1275387808/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/319228_1275387808/1024bound)In the XXI. Century scientists found the method, how to travel ligh-years in Outer-Space. So Mankind rose from the ground to build a new home for himself in the cold and dark regions of Space...
The Terra-Nova 1 (konwn as 'The Mole') is on of the biggest and newest research and colonizer vehicle of Mankind. It's mission is conquest Uncharted-Worlds and bring settlers and scientists to 'The New World'.
Size:
lenght: 94m; width: 36m; height: 38m

Payload:
8 colony-building
1 mobil-research-lab
research equipment

Crew: 15person
Passengers: 60person

I tihnk Syd Mead is the perfect definition of; art, design, exactitude and purity. I am sure that his visions of the future inspired a lot of us and they are guidance of the coming-man...
With this picture, I would like to salute before his career...

Gergely Kiss, 2010.

TMunro
06-01-2010, 10:39 AM
This is really cool, I'd love to see a larger version of the image on the righthand side, it reminds me of Meads concept art for the Nasa mars rover and the vehicle in the game Mass Effect (which was very Mead inspired I think). Very well done.

techguy
06-01-2010, 11:10 AM
yeah another close up image would do, so we can see the details. over all nice concept.

madone01
06-01-2010, 05:45 PM
cool that's one big truck or something

RyanWalsh
06-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I rented this movie. Mission to mars. And they call there space ship terra Nova

gergelykiss
06-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Well first of all, I would like to thank you watching my picture. I didn't think that the receptivity will be soo good.

I would like to react all of your observations.

Dear Tim Munro,

I am totally agree with your oppinion. I don't wanted to create a car concept, a ship or an airplane in Syd's style. I wanted to do something different. I think we all know that he worked on a lot of films to like Alien, Tron, Blade Runner etc. and there is the game Mass Effect, which was very Mead inspired I think it too. There was an old Myd picutre with a huge rover on the background. He also a lot of 'rover' concepts to. The Mako also gave me ispiration. I sad OK I would like to do something like those rover paintings by Syd. Something huge. Some of the parts inside like the bridge and the engineering deck were also created.
I would like to create a short animation too.

Dear Ryan Walsh,

you are right. But you should not to forget, that Syd Mead was the concept designer of the movie :)
To tell the thruth I didn't konw tha the name of the vessel was Terra Nova :)

Dear Techguy,

maybe I am gonna submit some closer images too. Maybe some pictures from inside of it, because some parts like the deck were also created.

Again, thank you for the reviews.

dodgeOrBURN
06-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi Gergely,

What striking composition! I love your vehicle design and the way you have created this "brochure" with the multiple panels. Congratulations and good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2010, 12:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.