PDA

View Full Version : humanIK scale factor problems

myridnir
05-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I have a model with pre-built skeleton and weights and i have tried both manually selecting the corresponding bones/joints in humanIK and using the automated script, but when I click on "create rig" the whole character disappears. In fact, Maya has created a rig 10,000 times larger than the original skeleton, so large that the default camera cannot zoom out to see it, even though the scale in the attribute editor is 1. Scaling the rig down to .001 so I can actually see it shows that my original skeleton and geometry have been crushed to a singularity.

What the heck is going on here? Even creating a fresh skeleton in a new scene using the Skeleton Generator default settings makes a skeleton 10,000 larger than the grid.

WesHowe
05-31-2010, 10:16 PM
If I understood your post correctly, it is the scale you are using in preferences. HumanIK ignores it and uses centimeters. So first, go to window/settings and in settings look at what you have there (meters/feet/inches or whatever) and change it to centimeters, then save.

Create your skeleton, it should be the right size and the mesh not crushed (or stretched), and after that go back and set your scale to what you like to work in. I reported this as a bug to Autodesk, perhaps you could, too.

myridnir
06-01-2010, 06:34 PM
that was a good suggestion however my settings are using centimeters and i then tested all the scale factors and each time generated a new skeleton, which always ended up thousands of times the scale of the grid and farther than the draw distance of the camera.

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2010, 06:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.