PDA

View Full Version : CGSociety Gallery Submission

ramonesFAN
05-29-2010, 11:25 PM
This message is for CGSociety crew:

Guys I've got a problem here.
A couple of days ago I submitted my last work (Puppet Master - Way of escape) but the jpg file got some problems I didn't recognized at the moment of submission (lack of quality converting from bitmap to jpg, never seen before).

So, I deleated it, corrected the conversion problem and re-posted, but the image wasn't accept 'cause I had already submit it.

I spent a lot of time and energy for making that piece, I would like to show it to the community for receive C&C.
Is there any possibility for me to show it again? I didn't modify anything, I corrected only the jpg conversion artifacts re-saving the image.

Thank you guys and excuse me for bother you.

leigh
05-30-2010, 02:13 AM
I can undelete the original thread, but I am sorry - as has already been explained to you, you cannot resubmit the image. This is simply out of fairness - every day the gallery has many, many submissions and most of those people are lucky if they even get one reply. Allowing someone who already got a lot of views and also some replies to resubmit his work when other people are desperate for some attention in their own threads is unfair. So I am sorry, but you cannot resubmit it. If you were unhappy with the JPG artifacts, you should have deleted it immediately instead of allowing it to go through the submission process and start getting replies.

ramonesFAN
05-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the reply leigh.

Trust me, after the submission I opened the uploaded image at full res only when in a comment was written that the piece was a bit too dark. So I opened it and realize of this artifacts on blacks (if you still can take a look on the image, you can see them on the monster) and a incredible loose of details in the shaded areras.

You told me you can undelete the original thread.
But if you do it, I suppose I will not be allowed to update the image throw my portfolio..am I right?

Thank you for your courtesy.

leigh
06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I've reinstated your thread here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=194&t=886145

ramonesFAN
06-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Thank you ;)

If you like to post some C&C on my work, you're obviously welcome!

shy-guy
06-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Umm thats weird... i had a very similar problem with the last image i uploaded, where the background had some ugly banding cause of some errors when i rendered the image in jpeg.

I say "thats weird" cause im pretty sure that when i corrected the problem and re-uploaded the image in my portfolio, it was also corrected in the 3d gallery... i even remember having a tab opened with the original image in the 3d gallery with the artifacts, and after i re-uploaded the image in my portfolio, i opened again another tab with the image in the 3d gallery forum and compared the two of them and concluded that the image was re-uploaded in the gallery too... so... did i imagined that? Because you´re saying that it´s not possible... or maybe i could do it because there weren´t any replies on the image yet or something?

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2010, 05:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.