PDA

View Full Version : Acting Piece WIP (animation)

TDank
05-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on some new clips for a second reel and thought I would add an acting piece with dialogue in there. This is my first real attempt at a scene with two characters speaking so I'm curious how well it's reading thus far.
Nothing is locked down so please feel free to suggest any change no matter how big.

Here's the youtube Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muf6MwQ5cRs

Thank you for your time, I will try to post an update as soon as I can with any feedback I recieve.

Kev3D
06-01-2010, 03:36 AM
Man, the animation looks pretty good to me. The only thing I picked was when the guy goes to sit down, it looked a bit klunky.

With regards to acting, at the moment he says: "..trying to help people like you" as though he's really pushing to convince her but at the same time he's sitting down as though he's already given up. I think it would be better if he sat down as he says "There's nothing we can do...". By then she's already turned away and he sounds like he's a bit more resigned to the fact that he's not going to convince her that easily.

Anyway, that's a great effort.

TDank
06-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks for taking the time to give some feedback Kevin, especially on the acting. I've been having some trouble trying to strike a balance between too much and too little movement while maintaining the performance.
I also agree that his movement on that is a little robotic.

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2010, 07:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.