PDA

View Full Version : image not accepted to gallery

shennie
05-28-2010, 09:07 PM
hi, I'm not new to cgsociety and allready submitted several works...
my recent work "vader - get off the yard!" was not accepted - could you tell me the reason.

I just can see what is wrong with it...

thanks in advance

Kirt
05-28-2010, 09:44 PM
From the sticky thread at the top of this forum that says "Please read this first."
In your gallery management page, you can monitor the progress of an image by checking the gallery status field. If an image is rejected from the CGTalk gallery, details as to why will be included by hovering over the status text.Also, you should have received email notification containing the reason why your image was rejected.

shennie
05-28-2010, 09:52 PM
From the sticky thread at the top of this forum that says "Please read this first."
Also, you should have received email notification containing the reason why your image was rejected.

yes of course, I know... thats why I mentioned I'm not new to the cgsociety to avoid these answers

there is always the same list of reasons... which in my eyes don't fit! thats why I wanted to know what the exact reasons is.

thank you

Kirt
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM
OK, assume for a moment that I don't have access to your email or your CGPortfolio management page. Now, consider that I would like to help you with your problem but lack all of the information that you have in regards to the image. Also, make a note that I do not validate Gallery images so I wouldn't know why your image was rejected.

Even though I could view your image in your portfolio and make a guess, the exact reason wouldn't be anything different than what was included in the email messages. If you don't understand or agree with the reason, then you should probably post to the WIP forum to see if more feedback can be provided to polish your image for the Gallery.

shennie
05-30-2010, 03:30 PM
thats ok ... but before my post I have read another threat liek this here... and there the admin was able to tell the exact reason. thats why I thought there must be some kind of log file where admin can look after pictures. but I guess there are several people responsible for image submissions... so guess I just try to upload it again until someone is fine with it. cause the pic is fine...

thanks for the help

leigh
05-30-2010, 05:08 PM
I am sorry but your image was rejected on the grounds that it is not complete enough. There are barely any textures on it, and it was simply comped onto a blurry photo for a background. Please do not submit it to the Showcase Gallery again - rather post it in a WIP forum to develop it further.

shennie
05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
now thats a reason... thanks for reponse. although I dont agree. there a textures and several different materials.

anyway... have a nice day

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.