PDA

View Full Version : suggest a good assembly book

boomji
09-16-2003, 06:25 PM
hi,
this is purely for intellectual curiosity(NOOB ALERT,NOOB ALERT,BOOB ...oops :p )

checked amazon for the same but some how besides one book every other book has reviews going to their extremes
love and hate :shrug: .

i'd like someones EXPERIENCED view on which one to buy...i'm ok with books dvelving into 16bit processors(i'll follow up on the 32bit jig after learning how it all began...kind'a) so suggest two books.

duntemann's seams like a nice one but like i said recommend it only if have READ it and found it great.

thanks ya all.

b

Nutter
09-17-2003, 05:21 AM
Have a look at this - the guy is a professor at a university and wrote a book on 32 bit assembly language for his class, but he couldn't find a publisher to sell it to, so he released it for free; it's about as good as you'll find I think (at least for its price ;)).
http://www.drpaulcarter.com/pcasm/

boomji
09-17-2003, 06:08 PM
nutter,
song by black eyed peas-"where is the love"
...right here,right here.:love: ;)

thanks for sharing dude... appreciate it.:)
i'll mail the author and thank him as well.

b

aurora
09-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Here, here, I agree with boomji. I've hardly done any assembly programming since the 6502 chip days. I started looking at that pdf and now I'm hooked yet again.

Derlaine
09-20-2003, 05:11 AM
deleted text because i can't delete the post

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.