PDA

View Full Version : facial animation/blend shapes

ejayM2
05-24-2002, 11:59 PM
i was wondering if there's a template somewhere in the net that can be downloaded that outlines all of the mouthshapes made by different sounds. i just got the book by gary faiglin? on facial expressions and it's a great reference for all the different facial expressions made. now all i need are the mouthshapes made by different sounds. so if anyone could help me out, point me to a link, or a book, or whatever, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks...

Ripley
05-25-2002, 11:25 PM
http://www.freetoon.com/prestonblair/intro/frame.html

Contents/Chapter4/Dialogue/ 186 and 188

Its just what your looking for. You can buy this as a book too.

ejayM2
05-26-2002, 05:35 PM
whoa! that's amazing. i wasn't sure if there was going to be any sort of template found on the net. i was just hoping someone working in a studio can give me some sort of a cheat sheet. but that link is amazing... thank you so much!

Ripley
05-26-2002, 06:09 PM
Yeah, its nice that they posted the whole book on the net for free! His book is a staple for animation schools. If you're just starting out, I suggest reading the whole site. Here a few other good books:

The Illusion of Life -Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston
-considered the animation bible, written by Disney old schoolers

The Animators Survival Kit -Richard Williams
-author is an animator from the same era as the Disney guys, he directed Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Acting For Animators -Ed Hooks
-taught acting to animators at PDI

Shot by Shot -Steven D. Katz
-must have for learning about cameras, boards,staging...

tobalno3
06-04-2002, 11:17 PM
ahhh...

and i bought the book about 2 years ago..what the hell was i thinking?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.