PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy

rliddell
05-28-2010, 02:04 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/419815_1275012272/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/419815_1275012272/1024bound)This is my depiction of the future of life on mars. Mars has been colonized and most all transportation of both people and goods is done through public transportation as you can see from the tubes going between all the buildings. However, some individuals who don't want their deliveries going through customs can hire personal hover-ship delivery agents. These are the cowboys of the future, evading the law with their likely illegal packages and going faster than anything else on the planet. The delivery agent in the foreground has broken down not far from town, as even in the future we are not free from the blue screen of death that is a computer failure.

LostTraveler
05-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Love the car and LOVE the story. Heh heh good work. the composition is nice too.

mrpeace
05-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Good work,,,, the story is impressive and a good look on the images truly proves it. And the vehicle is quite unique too. But I feel something odd about the dust... other than that... the composition is beautiful... gives me a "Lone Ranger" feeling...

Keep it up!

SW8
05-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Looking good indeed. My input is focused on the color and visual description of the sky. The atmosphere surrounding Mars is a very oppressive red/orange and the reflection in the body is very blue,billowy and beautiful.
Good luck to you.

rliddell
06-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Thanks guys. You're definitely right about the blue reflections, I should have taken a step back and looked at it. I've never been to mars so I don't think of these things you know? haha. I tried for a while to get the dust to look like dust to me. Its moving away in the wind, but again I didn't quite make it martian dust. Thanks again for your critiques, they are helpful. There's a lot of really good work posted and I'm excited to see who wins it.

techguy
06-01-2010, 10:58 AM
love the concept of your vehicle. you can still upload another version of it for the ble reflection ;)

MRC444
06-10-2010, 06:28 PM
martians outlaw cowboys ....good story ...but if one wishes to escape the law ....i woud suggest not having a "martian registry" number painted on the escape vehicule

rliddell
06-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Ha, thank you. Well getaway vehicles on earth will need valid licenses so that they don't get pulled over while trying to lay low. I get where you're coming from though, maybe he hides it somewhere and only takes it out when he's on a run. But, then he would lead the cops to his hide out! haha I don't know I was just having fun with this one. The updated one with martian sky reflections is posted now too. Thanks for the comments.

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2010, 09:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.