PDA

View Full Version : Asign fluid as texture PP

Irakli
05-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi guys. I've got fluid shaded particles and I'm trying to use per particle glow animation. I've created particleSamplerInfo node and also added userscalarPP attribute to particle shape. Then I written both runtime and creation expression partilceShape1.userScalar1PP = abs(noise(time*2)) ; and connected it to glow intensity of fluid. Result is random glow per particle but animation(pulsation) remains per object.

Irakli
05-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok , probably for reason that my bad english is difficult to understand nobody answers on my question. :)
I'll try to explain very simply. How to make random glow effect(animated) if particles are shaded with fluid shape shader?

Duncan
05-26-2010, 06:45 PM
If you are getting pulsating glow then it is likely the auto exposure on the glow shader. Turn off auto exposure then adjust the glow/halo levels to the desired amount of glow.

Generally speaking one should always turn off auto exposure on the glow shader... it is OK for stills but frequently has flicker problems during animation.

Duncan

Irakli
05-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Thank you for reply Duncan. The auto exposure is already turned off. The goal is to get glow intensity animation but per particle. For example in frame one particle.[0] have glow intensity 0.5 , particle.[1] 0.3 and particle.[2] 0.1

on frame 2 particle.[0].intensity = 0.3 particle.[1].intensity = 0.1 particle.[2].intensity = 0.2 and so on.

Particles render type is cloud and shader - fluid shape.

Duncan
05-26-2010, 07:08 PM
OK. Your general approach seems fine, although your expression would appear to apply the same glow to each particle. "time" is constant for all particles and the noise function always returns the same value when passed the same argument( is it not like rand, for which each subsequent call returns a different value ). Perhaps you instead want to do something like "noise(age)","noise(id)", or "noise(id + time)"?

Duncan

Irakli
05-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Thank you Duncan! noise(id+time); works fine for me.

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2010, 07:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.