PDA

View Full Version : I ve uploaded 10 images in my portfolio, but only 5 can be seen in my gallery.

IbizanHound
05-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi,

i have uploaded 10 images in my portfolio, but for some weird reason my gallery can only display a max number of 5 thumbnails and whenever i upload a new image it just takes one of my previously uploaded images out, and puts the new one in its place!

I 've already tried deleted everything in my portfolio, and re uploaded it all back but still get the same issue.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you.

leigh
05-26-2010, 12:30 PM
One minute spent searching for an answer would have answered this for you. In fact, there is at least one other thread right on the first page of threads in this forum on exactly the same thing. Sorry to sound so exasperated but we're getting pretty tired of this one popping up all the time. Non-paying members are limited to five images only.

IbizanHound
05-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Well if you re getting so many questions about it, then i guess you are not making it obvious enough.
And just because i am a free member it doesnt mean you can talk with attitude.
I wish I was gatting paid to answer simple questions like that.

leigh
05-26-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm not giving you any attitude - I answered your question. I wonder how patient you would be if you had to answer this exact same question multiple times every week? Also, the vast majority of the moderating team who answer these questions are not paid, so please don't make those assumptions.

The information is very plainly visible to everyone, especially considering it's shown to you before you even set up your portfolio:

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=3475&page=

Be careful about signing up for things before reading all the print.

IbizanHound
05-26-2010, 06:56 PM
So Leigh, there is no issue here, but i 'd really like to share with you what i think,
first of i dont remember ever seeing that page when i registered, its quite possible that i registered throught another route.

Anyway, once again, just the fact that so many people do not realise that they are limited to 5 pics unless they pay a subscription, indicates that the system is designed wrong.

I mean i looked at my portfolio management page, and there is nothing telling you obviously "REMEMBER YOU ARE LIMITED TO ONLY 5 PICS" and even if it does there is so much text crammed in there and the letters are so small that it's definatelly hard to locate that.

And you seam to respond to everyone who asks this question as if they are the same person that asked you about this issue the last time.

Ok, granted its annoying, but its a responsibility, a job, even if you dont get paid for doing it. You are placed in a position where you are representing the Cgtalk forum, so try to be more understanding with users.

I think you should notify whoever is responsible for the design of the site that they need to place more indications about limitations right in the portfolio management area.

I think that will save you from us noobs : )

leigh
05-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Fair enough, and please note that I did apologise in my original reply for sounding exasperated. I didn't mean to come off as abrasive or as having a bad attitude, it's just quite frustrating. I'll ask our scripting goblins if there's a way to make the five images limit more obvious but unfortunately they have so much on their plates already that getting relatively "unimportant" (in the grander scheme of things) changes like this scheduled is tough.

IbizanHound
05-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Alright then, no worries.
It s been nice chatting with you : )

leigh
06-01-2010, 02:57 PM
It might interest you to know that we've now lifted the 5 image limit for unpaid members.

;-)

IbizanHound
06-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Well, you do realise what that means, right?

You won't have to answer that question ever again! LOL

Awesome news!
Thank you so much!

Hypercreed
06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Wow! Thanks for lifting the limit, it's a big boost for the community!

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.