PDA

View Full Version : how to create normal map with maya

jcakyeh
05-26-2010, 11:14 AM
sorry i am new to this subject !
i have a project that need moel low poly car and they ask me have offer them two kinds of map one is normal map thother is diffuse map ?

how can i create a normal map with maya ?
normal map if a kind of mental ray effect ?
or need some plugint to create normal map
is it difficult to get normal map? any good turorial?

and the whtat is diffuse map ?

thank you very much

achoury
05-26-2010, 02:48 PM
sorry i am new to this subject !
i have a project that need moel low poly car and they ask me have offer them two kinds of map one is normal map thother is diffuse map ?
how can i create a normal map with maya ?
normal map if a kind of mental ray effect ?
or need some plugint to create normal map
is it difficult to get normal map? any good turorial?
and the whtat is diffuse map ?
thank you very much

Hi
if you want a normal map with Maya just plug a bump2d or bump3d to the Incadescence slot
/rachid

jschieck
05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
searching your post title in google will turn up far more solutions and tutorials than asking here. best way to learn :p

jcakyeh
05-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi Achoury:

why you do not use the maya rendering \lighting and shading \Transfor maps tools ?
they want me to create a low car model but with diffuse and normal map for vieo game

the car would like this images

i mean does it very difficult to to get a good result ?
for modeling the car is not a problem for me but i never use the process of create normal map any suggestion or limination for create normal map?

achoury
05-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi Achoury:
why you do not use the maya rendering \lighting and shading \Transfor maps tools ?
they want me to create a low car model but with diffuse and normal map for vieo game
the car would like this images
i mean does it very difficult to to get a good result ?
for modeling the car is not a problem for me but i never use the process of create normal map any suggestion or limination for create normal map?

Hi
Sorry I did not understand your question correctly, I thought you just wanted to create a normal pass in Maya for the relighting in compositing package!
So in maya you have to use a bump2d node or the facing ratio node to get normal pass
Other wise I do use the the transfer map tools to get normal map!
/Rachid

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2010, 07:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.