PDA

View Full Version : Animated Fractures

brainycomp
05-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Simple question, I hope.

How do I animate a pre-fractured object that only shatters upon impact? In other words...how do I keep those fractures together until its time to let them explode and go wild?

kdronez
05-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Well the easiest way that I could think of is:
1.When you make your shatter check Link to shatter for the original surface.
2.You will see that in the Channel Box now you have 1 extra option called shatter.
3.on=show the shatter off=dont show the shatter so you can key it lets say 1-2 frames before the BOOOOOOM or whatever you are doing and switch it from off to on :>.
Hope this helps you :>.

brainycomp
05-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks! Very helpful but will this only work if I shatter my object using Maya's shatter tool? What do I do if shattering with another script and than applying nCloth? Could I do it that way too?

Thanks!!!

chandanG
05-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi

its just an idea,i did it for my shot .I hd to explode a zombie head in a shot.I got the cracked pieces of zombie head through rock shatter script nd then combined it,after
tht i applied the nCloth with the radial field applied or v can use force field constraint to explode it.It worked well.

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2010, 03:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.