PDA

View Full Version : Skining maya 2009 question

MaddogZ
05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
I have 2 meshes that come together at the shoulder and clavicle joints and getting them to stay together threw the whole animation is proving to be difficult

I have not skined in almost 3 years back then I had maya 5 and a plug-in that let me select the verts and choose the influence that each joint held on the verts so it was as easy selecting the verts and giving both joints 0.5 influence over them

now tho I cant find that plugin and even with (hold) on if I replace to .50 influence it just randomly asines some thing like .2 to random joints !!!
I swear that the skining technology needs a overhaul it has always been a really lame time sink(for me any way I hate it with a passion)

any way is there dose any one know a plug-in the lets you select verts and set influence As_skinny says it dose but it dosnot do it in the way I want it more for copying weights

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.