PDA

View Full Version : use background shader and rendering passes question?

Qual
05-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Hello all,:wavey:
I try to give a short good explanation:

Scene with life vootage:
(1) a sofa with a object comming from behind of it and move on the sofa.
(2) I build a plane as the shape as the sofa, put a use background shader with Render stats > cast shadows > Off. I do this so the object won't be visable if its behind the sofa.

First time I render in passes:
Got background layer with the camera plane of the vootage + shadow layer + diffuse + occ and spec.
For the diffuse, occlusion and specular layers I don't want the plane with use background shader be visable in the render so "I have to remove from the specific layer" but I can't do this because I need it (reason see nr 2*)

Question:
How can I do this so it won't be visable during the occlusion render but still can use it so a part of the object won't be visable when a part is behind the sofa? :argh::arteest:

ps: I hope I'm clear enough :blush: if not please say so and I try to explain it better.

Qual
05-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Bump...:sad:

There is no solution in Maya to fix this? I have to use Mask in After Effects?
I want to know if I can use usebackground shader in Maya during rendering in passes.

I use usebackground shader as a Mask function in Maya, but I don't want it will be visable during the rendering passes but it should keep its function as a Mask.

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2010, 10:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.