PDA

View Full Version : Physical sky&sun confusion with referencing

Gloor
05-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Hey guys,

I have this following problem and I don't know what I've missed that I keep getting different results.

I have this basic scene which I just play with in some spare time so I can chip away some work before I hit rendering. The picture you see 1st is the one that is just empty scene with all set up on basic level just to see.

The 2nd picture is the scene where I actually have the characters and the beach scene referenced in and I use that scene for animation.

When I hit render, I get completely different results and I don't know why.
There are few minor things but I don't think that should affect it.

1st scene - persp cam
2st scen - shot cam; it also had image based lighting but I deleted that.

Both scenes have background on cameras (shot and persp) set to black.

Anyone would know what I overlooked that I get these different renders? Thank you

pbraganca
05-23-2010, 01:44 PM
When you set up Physical Sun and Sky - you will have your existing "persp" cameras hooked up with both mia_exposure_simple and mia_physicalsky nodes. However if you create a new one from that point you must make sure you go into mia_physicalsky attirubes and hit "Update Camera Connections". Or you can go and manually connect the nodes if you would want a mia_exposure_photographic instead.

I am guessing this as you seem to have imported stuff - hope that helps.

Gloor
05-23-2010, 02:19 PM
When you set up Physical Sun and Sky - you will have your existing "persp" cameras hooked up with both mia_exposure_simple and mia_physicalsky nodes. However if you create a new one from that point you must make sure you go into mia_physicalsky attirubes and hit "Update Camera Connections". Or you can go and manually connect the nodes if you would want a mia_exposure_photographic instead.

I am guessing this as you seem to have imported stuff - hope that helps.

I've found it. You are a star!

Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate it

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2010, 02:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.