PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Glitch

colarimj
05-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi,
I'm working with Maya 2009. I seem to run into this glitch a few times where batch render starts up, and renders the first frame in a series of frame. It then pauses on "Percentage of rendering done: 100" and won't continue rendering any longer... instead batch render will fail, and I'll get a dialogue proclaiming its failure.

-My only solution... is to render it frame by frame-

It tends to happen in scenes where there is a lot of keyframes and bend-deformers. Has anyone run into something similar to this?

Thanks
Mike

Mrguy
05-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Are you rendering all frames at once or rendering in chunks?

You could try this..
http://www.pdipierro.com/tutorials/MayaDOSRenderTutorial.html

colarimj
05-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Wow, this is ground breaking for me. Very interesting. My favorite part is that it seems Maya doesn't have to be open. So overnight I could render scenes without the worry of Maya crashing. Great stuff, thank you dude! :wavey:

Mrguy
05-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Indeed! Its good for large projects...

But does it fix your problem?

colarimj
06-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Hmm, no I just tried it. Batch Render errors out much immediately instead of stalling for a long time. At the moment, the only way I know how to render this is through Render view.

I'm guessing that I have a damaged node somewhere?

DutchDimension
06-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Try rendering from the command line shell (DOS on windows, Terminal if you're on OSX) with the added option '-v 5' (without the quotes).
This will print out all sorts of useful diagnostic info into the shell. It might tell you what's going on.

colarimj
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Dutch Dimension,
Thanks for the response
Where does it print out too? The command window crashes and closes almost immediately upon running it.

I need to find more resources on trouble shooting the batch render. I've found a lot of forums that have been running into the same problem of the batch render crashing after one frame. Or several other errors: One solution is to use a script that runs the renders in Render View, it a great temporary solution, but the computer becomes useless, and its harder to control. It's still worth checking out

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=87&t=721362&page=1&pp=15

DutchDimension
06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
You should see the render statistics being printed out into the very command line window you started the render from. But obviously if that window crashes you'll not see this.
It sounds like this is a bigger issue than I can help out with (not being a windows user).

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.