PDA

View Full Version : making a body model help

oulyt
05-22-2010, 03:15 PM
I am trying to make the body of a mudkip (http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/HPMcPherson/Emerald-Mudkip.png) . I am new to zbrush and was thinking of doing it by making a small dog like body from zspheres and then zsketch on the spheres to add more and to get the right shape but i can never get it to look like that. does anybody have any tips on how to go about this? or any ideas how to better do it?

oulyt
05-29-2010, 05:05 PM
anybody? i could really use some tips

Gorrum
05-31-2010, 05:25 AM
This is really simply shape. I don't think you need to use zcketch. Use Zspheres and standart brush. Or create base mesh in max/maya/etc with good topology.

egnarodude
06-17-2010, 02:45 PM
I would definitely try to create the original model in maya or 3ds max first. That way your topology will be right and you can go into zbrush and start to sculpt in a high definition so that you can make a great normal map for your low poly. This is great if you are wanting to animate across a lot of frames in order to reduce render time. This is my new favorite way of working, give it a try!...

Once you have made the main model, export as a .OBJ and import into Zbrush. Then under geometry go to subdivide. I usually get up to 5 subdivisions. The neat thing about this is that after you change stuff in your high poly you can go back down to your low poly and it is altered as well. Then when back in your low poly go to the normal map drop down menu and click create normal map. That will make a normal map from the highest geometry level you have and apply it to the UVs of the Low poly. You do however have to have your UVs laid out before doing this of course.

Hope this helped!

oulyt
06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
that's a super big help, i never thought of doing that, thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.