PDA

View Full Version : life saving script

blind4Dspot
05-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi all,

I have a problem that i have already exposed in general topic but no one really replied me...
so here's the problem:

I have an entire model that due to conversion limitations got all the objects in it smoothed by 1.
so basically i need to make a script that converts them all to no smoothing group.

i tried this: ctrl+A and object properties, then user defined i typed smooth=0 :cool:

obviouslly it didn't worked so...

i kind of hoped some of you could help me...

thx

j83
05-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Do you mean make everything faceted? If so, here's a script to do just that, just select your objects and run this script.

for o in selection do
(
addModifier o (smooth ()) ui:on
)

So you can "evaluate" that as a new script (paste in script editor, then press Ctrl+E) or you can paste this in the small pink box on the lower left hand of the Max viewport,

for o in selection do addModifier o (smooth ()) ui:on

The "non-script" way would be just to select all of the objects, add the Smooth modifier, and by default it clears all smoothing groups. :)

CerberusC
05-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Why not to select manually absolutly all aobjects and manually add a smooth modifier?

Cheers.

blind4Dspot
05-22-2010, 01:25 PM
there's a saying in my country and it goes like this:

"quem não sabe é como quem não vê" (Portugal)

translated it's: "the one who doesn't knows resembles to the one that doesn't see's"

thanks to both of you!

i was considering starting to investigate some of the features in Max Script... maybe this is a good starting point. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2010, 01:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.