PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Character animation

Kormendi
09-15-2003, 09:32 PM
I'm looking for some feedback on this animation so far. Eventually the dog is going to tell a joke, I just haven't got that far yet. I'm going to use it in the opening of my demo reel (when ever I get that done!). Style and motion is what I'm looking for. Any comments are welcome.

Click here (http://www.jwagroup.com/gfx/dog.swf)

Thanks

dell
09-18-2003, 01:42 PM
that's pretty cool, it will be nice to see once its finished. :applause:

Kormendi
09-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks Dell. When I'm done I'll post it.

Zero314
09-18-2003, 04:45 PM
yeah def, i like it, cool style

Missing Link
09-18-2003, 10:29 PM
Nice animation, But the thing that I am wondering about is how do you embed the swf file into the browser window, so that when you scale the window the document scales also...I have been trying to figure that out for awhile... thanks for anyhelp.

shroomking

-JT-
09-19-2003, 06:47 AM
Hehe great dog !
Well done.

Kormendi
09-19-2003, 01:42 PM
Thanks once again for the comments. I've been really working hard on my 2D animation skills as of late and it's nice to get some positive feedback.

Missing Link
As per your question "But the thing that I am wondering about is how do you embed the swf file into the browser window, so that when you scale the window the document scales also..." What I did was not embed the swf file into a html page and it seems to expand and retract with the browser window. There is also an ActionScript command called "FS Command" that allows you to specifiy on the first frame of your animation whether you want your file scaleable or not.

halibut
09-23-2003, 12:43 PM
Great dog! The motion is nice also....the one thing that you might consider (with a grain of salt) is the smile.....it seems as if the teeth are lowering out of the head instead of the lips pulling back from the teeth.

It only stood out because you seem to have taken such great care to make this move well in every other way. I can't wait to see him tell a joke.

Best,
halibut

lindavanbruggen
10-07-2003, 10:34 AM
That's great animation work!

Kormendi
10-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still diligently working on the animation. It's taking longer than I had anticipated (doesn't everything). Mind you I'm developing a 3D animation at the same time as I'm trying to complete this one (no sleep!). Anyways, I will post another sequence to critique soon. Thanks again for the comments there very encouraging.

Kman

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.