PDA

View Full Version : Maya 2010 - Fluid Disable Evaluation Bug?

Albo
05-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi huys!
I've started a new production, so new machine, new pipeline, new linux. So now I'm working with Maya 2010 x64, and Fedora 11.
After a day of fight, I've found that if you enable the option "Disable Evaluation" in the fluid shape after the cache is done, and you render the sequence in Mr, the render is always the same frame. If you render many single frames inside Maya render view all works.
The issue disappear after you disable that option (leave in practise as default), and the render go fine.
Is it only a my problem here? I don't think that there was this problem in Maya 2009... and in theory that option should disable only the calculation of the fluid, not the evaluation of the cache during the render.

thanks

Albo
05-21-2010, 09:49 AM
and I forgot...
if I render the sequence with Maya Software with the "disable evaluation"checked, the render works fine. So it seems a bug connected only to Mr.

Albo
05-21-2010, 10:06 AM
sorry guys. This is funny.
I've just tested the same thing on Maya 2011, and there is definitely the same bug!

Alberto

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2010, 10:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.