PDA

View Full Version : nCloth caching

newnimator
05-21-2010, 02:31 AM
Hi All,

Problem: nCloth Caching
-For example my cache file is from frame 01 - 500 and I deleted cache on frame 100 to 200 and It will be a missing cache file for the nCloth cache right?

Question:
- How will I only re-sim that particular area on frame 100-200 without re-simming the whole 500frames?
- because in syFlex you can delete a certain cache frame and when you hit play, it will fill the missing cache frame. How do you that in nCloth

Please help me if you know the solution.

Cheers!

chandanG
05-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeh u r right,it will be a missing cache file for the ncloth. For ur problem,just set ur timeslider
from 98 to 200 frames and then frm 98 frame,select ur mesh nd instead of deleting cahe,click append to cache
it will start caching frm 98th frame nd ur previous cache will remain the same.I can give u more ideas depending
upon wht r u simulating.

thanks

chandanG
05-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi All,

Problem: nCloth Caching
-For example my cache file is from frame 01 - 500 and I deleted cache on frame 100 to 200 and It will be a missing cache file for the nCloth cache right?

Question:
- How will I only re-sim that particular area on frame 100-200 without re-simming the whole 500frames?
- because in syFlex you can delete a certain cache frame and when you hit play, it will fill the missing cache frame. How do you that in nCloth

Please help me if you know the solution.

Cheers!

hi,
yeh u r right,it will be a missing cache file for the ncloth. For ur problem,just set ur timeslider
from 98 to 200 frames and then frm 98 frame,select ur mesh nd instead of deleting cahe,click append to cache
it will start caching frm 98th frame nd ur previous cache will remain the same.I can give u more ideas depending
upon wht r u simulating.

thanks

newnimator
05-26-2010, 01:43 AM
hi,
yeh u r right,it will be a missing cache file for the ncloth. For ur problem,just set ur timeslider
upon wht r u simulating.

thanks

Thanks dude, thats another help for me. but would it blend with frame 201 onwards if I append cache???

chandanG
05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks dude, thats another help for me. but would it blend with frame 201 onwards if I append cache???

hi,

Blending will be bit tricky.For settled nCloth simulation, v can blend easily thts y i asked u wht type of simulation r u doing.I tried it wht v can do is,instead of doing the cache for 100 to 200 frames do it for 100 to 220 frames nd try to blend it with ur previous cache(1 to 500 frames) so u will be getting 20 more frames to play around with the values to blend OR take a cache of 100 to 200 frames nd then go to 200th frames apply ur previous values nd again do the append cache from 200 to 500(note:append cache sometimes gives problem if u r trying two to three times in single file but not every time)so from 200th frame it will start the simulation then no worry of blending if u get the desired output.Lot of time i hv done this but rest is depend upon the complexity of ur simulation.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.