PDA

View Full Version : blend shape problem - urgent!-

italianice388
05-21-2010, 02:31 AM
i've got a huge issue. i have no idea how to fix this. my blend shapes are supposed to apply only to my character's face. however, they are full bodies. when i pose my base model now and then try to apply a blend shape for a facial expression, the entire body reverts back to the original position of the blend. how do i fix this?

i need to have my character hunch over, and then have her facial blend shape kick in. however now when i try to kick it in, she stands up and moves over, and assumes the original position of the blend.

please help, this project is due very soon.

thanks so much!

blackseraphim
05-21-2010, 04:56 AM
check your history/inputs, the blendshape should be applied first to the character before the skinning process.

Garciaone
05-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah it sounds like your order of operation is wrong. When you apply the blendshapes make sure in the advanced tap, that the Deformation order is set to "Front of chain". Basically you need to be applying the blendshape deformation before the skin cluster deformation.

nemeru
05-28-2010, 11:04 AM
as everyone said. this happened to me like two weeks ago, when i started with blendshapes, and i figured it out by googling around :) just make sure of the order. if you already have the blendshape/s applied, and you don't wanna do it all over again (duh ^^) go to the input window and reorganize it.
-> right click your geo, go to inputs-> all inputs
there, reorganize it, so that the blendshapes are *below* the skinCluster.

good luck

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2010, 11:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.