PDA

View Full Version : zbrush morph smooths whole mesh

jldean
05-21-2010, 02:29 AM
I've been having a problem with morphs created in zbrush affecting parts of the mesh which were not changed in the morph.

Its as if the zbrush morph is smoothing everything off once it is loaded into the morph modifier in 3ds max.

The actual mesh looks pretty good, when it is just imported, it seems to be just in the morpher that it creates a problem.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

jldean
05-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I thought the problem, may have been in the import settings in Max, but I messed around with these and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I reimported the base mesh into max from zbrush and that is fine. The problem seems to start when I add subdivision levels, even going back to lvl 1 and deleting the higher levels after making my changes, I end up with a mesh which is smoothed off and lacking in detail.

I have also tried switching smooth off in the geometry rollout and that doesn't make a difference either.

I know I must be missing something here, and would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what.

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2010, 04:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.