PDA

View Full Version : Random landscape

MishaArt
05-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Quick sketch... Just trying out finding some composition and this came up...
Criticism desired :)

http://i45.tinypic.com/4kk7qh.jpg

shrunkendesigner
05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Well, as a sketch, its a good basis to build on. There are so many ways you can now go with this piece by adding story elements such as buildings or ruins, lone nomads or even giant creatures. The way you will colour it will decide the mood of the piece and/or will dictate the time of day it is or whether the environment is life supporting. What ever you decide to do, just ask yourself why you are adding that element and answer it honestly.

I think you should use this image to tell a story and with some real interesting focal points and colours. Good luck and be sure to post it here so we can all see when its done! (that is if you decide to take it further...)

MishaArt
05-21-2010, 10:07 PM
I thought it's very weak...

MishaArt
05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
please delete this post, wrong place

IndieDeveloper
06-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Well, I personally like the desolate, empty look of the landscape as it is. I think the barren terrain tells a better story than filling it with clutter.

Of course, if you're going to add something, given the nature of the terrain itself, I'd say ruins, etc. would beat adding living creatures--the terrain looks unsuitable for life. Then again, a lone individual treading across could be pretty symbolic and have a great effect. Choice is yours, I suppose.

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2010, 02:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.