PDA

View Full Version : Parenting Question

brueghel
05-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi,

is it possible to move a group/parent and their children without moving connected objects of the children, but when I take and move the children itself, the connections are enabled?

I have a face with blendshapes. One blendshapes is rigged, and I want the control objects group, which controls (constrain) the control object of the rigged blendshape, move as a group with the Original geometry without altering the rigged blendshape, but when moving the particular control objects they should affect the constrained objects of the rig blendshape. (which of course affects the original geo)

I hope there is a hidden path.

Darksuit
05-20-2010, 03:40 PM
That sounds really overlly complicated.

give me a second to sort through this....

I have a face with blendshapes. One blendshapes is rigged, and I want the control objects group, which controls (constrain) the control object of the rigged blendshape, move as a group with the Original geometry without altering the rigged blendshape, but when moving the particular control objects they should affect the constrained objects of the rig blendshape. (which of course affects the original geo)

you have a set of blendshapes. Call them A, B, C

Blend A has a rig on it to move its Vertices around. (A little over the top but ok).

You want to move the Blend A Rig and Geo along with the Target Object. Without double transforming the Target Geo.

Things that we are missing in the equation. How are both being setup. This has a very specific effect. Is this actually the best way to do this. This may not be the best way to acomplish the task at hand. Its an intresting idea. I have done some riffs on this (But more on that in a second).

How are you doing the blends. Are you Blending Nurbs Splines or Geo? (again the setup)

What is the end result that you are actually going for with this setup? What is the Goal?

When I have done this sort of thing before I made sure that my secondary Rig was under a Null/Group so that it was always in Zero Space At all times. It's been a couple years since I have done this sort of setup.

One of the things that I have seen done is to do small scale secondary Rig setup for select portions of the face. But with Nurbs Splines, using a wire deformer.

If I were going to attempt this sort of rig setup again. I would start with Wire deformers to get the techinque down first. Understand what needs to happen at which sequence. Nurbs splines and wire deformers are fast and easy to setup which allows for fast protyping and corrections to be made quickly.

brueghel
05-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi,

I try to apply your advices for blendshapes from my earlier thread.

May be there is another ridiciulous easy approach and I make thinks too complicated, but I cant see it now. The goal of the setup shoul be, that I have a layer of controlls in addition to my blendshapes, so that I can tweak the results, without having skin clusters in my orig mesh (faster) and have them rather in my blendshapes.

The Blendshapes are blending geo.

But I want the controlls following my original mesh without Transform, and when I pick them, then they should transform. I tried to work with clusters because they do only affect the shape, but not the transform, and it kind of works except the handle isnt following. May be its silly, but I attached a example.

I also thought about expressions and mel, but Im not familiar with this.

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2010, 04:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.