PDA

View Full Version : Don't Blink- Animation Lip Sync

Michael5188
05-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey folks, starting a new scene and was hoping to recieve feedback along the way. Worked on the first, basic blocking pass today and am eager to hear if the acting choices, posing, and general timing is working thus far.

Don't Blink Blocking (http://www.vimeo.com/11880910)

Obviously there is no facial animation as of yet. Also if the lighting is making it hard to read I can remove it.

I'll continue to post updates as it progresses.

Thank you!

MillerGenuine
05-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Hey Michael5188,

Looks good so far, I find the timing to be well done and you have some nice poses.

The only thing that came to mind when watching it was when the character says "Don't Blink!" for the last time (@13-14 secs.). When he says blink, I find the character is too aggressive. It feels like the character would be screaming it based on the pose. Maybe not stretching the character so much, and keeping the hands a little more relaxed. The fists seem very strong, like he is angry which doesn't sound like the case in the sound file.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. And also, I am still new with animation, so I may be wrong.

Again, it's looking pretty good so far, can't wait to see an update

Steven Miller

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2010, 11:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.