PDA

View Full Version : NASTRA 015

MPavel
05-19-2010, 06:33 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/40290_1274293978/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/40290_1274293978/1024bound)My image illustrates some near future racing bolid after finishing the round. It based on magnetic wheel supports and electric motor.

Cheers from Russia!

Rsantana
05-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Wow :bounce: :bounce: this image is perfect the lighting is great on the vehicle and also on the drive walking away. It would be great if you could post the front view of this vehicle.

ShogunWarrior
05-19-2010, 09:38 PM
hi, very impressive i love it.. Have you drawn out any other sketches before you decided to do this piece? just asking otherwise excellent

jtrillo
05-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Wow this is cool man, I like the illuminated night feeling. Maybe the composition is a little off balanced or maybe it's just me. Anyway this is one of my favs. Good luck!

MPavel
05-20-2010, 06:00 AM
thank`s a lot, guys! I did some rough sketches on paper elaborating the whole shape, nothing to show, actually. But i did some low-rez 3d previz from diff angles

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6314/nastraviews.jpg

adeel
05-20-2010, 10:24 AM
great work! really like the mood and the color treatment.
Best of luck!

Csicso3d
05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
very well done :) great job! I like this concept. Huge vehicle but thats what I like in it :)

good luck!

joestudz
05-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice, I think this is the closest design to syd's style so far...

MPavel
05-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Many thank`s! Well, i guess i start second image. One is not enough for me (not to win, of cource) - to enjoy this kind of "official drawins" in Syd Mead style. Not every day we have such great contests.

Good luck!

Marat-Ars
05-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Hey Pavel. I like the concept. But I do not like the hose, black drop shadow and little low-quality background with the audience. You probably did it very quickly I think. :) Overall nice job.

MPavel
05-21-2010, 06:23 AM
You forgot to mention low quality of the sole. It`s not painted detailed enough, as boots themselves :beer: Pity, it`s not a "boots designe" contest, otherwise my boots would be much better painted

and about "little low-quality background with the audience" - nice joke ))

LightSovereign
05-21-2010, 07:20 AM
This is just stunning, though i do agree about the soles of the mans boots, they are very poor :D lol. i'm just kidding. You did enough to convince me of the proper environment for this vehicle to be shown in, if you don't mind the pun, it is very transportative, and it is one heck of a design that mr mead would be proud of..Congratz to you. It is a fantastic image. in my top three to this point..

Marley

Marat-Ars
05-21-2010, 12:44 PM
You forgot to mention low quality of the sole. It`s not painted detailed enough, as boots themselves :beer: Pity, it`s not a "boots designe" contest, otherwise my boots would be much better painted

and about "little low-quality background with the audience" - nice joke ))

Ok Pavel. You are right ;)

maykrender
05-21-2010, 11:15 PM
looks nice, especially like the rear stop light, but.. http://www.nextconceptcars.com/wp-contentt/peugeot-design-competition-19.jpg

MPavel
05-22-2010, 06:09 AM
you missed the point. This is not rear... ;) (is`t not that obvious from 3d previzes i showed? If it`s red it doesn`t mean it`s rear. This is not a family car for city, if you haven`t guessed yet)))))))) There is nothing in common except they both white and shiny . If you can`t tell one concept idea from another (or even rear from the front), better not to show "references" at all, dude. Cheers!

mlopezart
05-25-2010, 06:32 AM
I really like this one, it borrows a few of Syd Mead's geometric elements real well. Keep going!

mrpeace
05-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Killer stuff... this design is awesome... the composition, lighting ... its all doing good in the final image. And those sketches (Pre-Vizs) are cool too... Wish you luck on your second image... Keep it up!

Machinery
05-26-2010, 03:34 PM
you missed the point. This is not rear... ;) (is`t not that obvious from 3d previzes i showed? If it`s red it doesn`t mean it`s rear. This is not a family car for city, if you haven`t guessed yet)))))))) There is nothing in common except they both white and shiny . If you can`t tell one concept idea from another (or even rear from the front), better not to show "references" at all, dude. Cheers!

Nice concept.I like the overall looking of the image.

One of my favorites here.Absolutely amazing.

Just some questions and critics:

1- How this monester can turn left or* right?

I am seeing the front wheels and back wheels are fixed so no way for it to turn left or right.

2- How the driver can see his way?

3- Also there is very small gap between the car body and the ground and almost laying on the ground,I think this gap is not enough to make the car pass any subtle obstacles or holes in the ground.

Keep it up.

mlopezart
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Good point and excellent constructive criticism. You have to realize that Syd Mead not only designed his cars because they looked cool or borrowed art deco stylized effects just for appearance. If you'll notice by studying his art, definitely take into consideration the functionality aspect of it as well. Syd's work was highly praised because everything was believable---people like to imagine themselves using the vehicle and if they find it impossible to turn or whatnot, then the design is incomplete. One cool thing you can add is a bulge on the top and bottom of the front wheel...or maybe just the top...to give the impression that inside this bulge is the steering motor. You can give it some vents and wires sticking out to mimic that look and it would still look like your design. Nice job again...very inspiring design.

MPavel
05-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Many thanks to all of you!

Here are the explonations.

Front wheel not fixed. It can`t do sharp turns, but it doesn`t need to, it is CIRCLE speedrace car (or maybe Dragster, whatever :p). As you see, there is a small gap between wheel magnit and support on body.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8172/60151413.jpg

Pilot doesn`t have to "look" in windshield. Monitors inside + cameras and sensors outside is real enough even today, don`t you think?

And finally - this is a speedrace bolid for circle races, NOT FAMYLY CAR for weekend strolls outside the town. Thus it doesn`t have to do sharp turns (only smooth circled) and it doesn`t need to have 40cm road clearance )))

I hope it is clear now

amscime
05-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Nice design! It wold be cool to see it rendered in a different scenario, maybe in a future highway or something? Just thinking of options. good luck!

MPavel
05-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Agree, maybe in the future not only race roads will be so nice and smooth. Remember "roads" in "Minority Report" movie? Again, we get back to question about road clearance :)

If i had more time.. also would like to render it in diff location and angle.

amscime
05-26-2010, 06:56 PM
yeah I bet roads in the future will be as smooth as glass.

mlopezart
05-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Then I highly suggest you turn the wheel ever so slightly for your final render. The viewer should always receive subtle hints like these for believability. Maybe even leave the cockpit open exposing the interior gauges and stuff. That adds an even greater sense of realism. Thanks for taking the criticism---I know it could be difficult as the artist but hang in there, you have a great idea.

MPavel
05-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Then I highly suggest you turn the wheel ever so slightly for your final render. The viewer should always receive subtle hints like these for believability. Maybe even leave the cockpit open exposing the interior gauges and stuff. That adds an even greater sense of realism.

Now more then right you are. Totaly agree about these suggestions.

crazy-pixel
06-11-2010, 09:37 AM
fantastic design :thumbsup:

dodgeOrBURN
06-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Fantastic vehicle concept! Great image. Congratulations and good luck!

alvin-cgi
06-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Nice design :)

leigh
07-09-2010, 03:43 PM
MGELA, this is someone else's thread, please don't post your work here. This contest is closed now anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2010, 03:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.