PDA

View Full Version : after effects cs5 won't open .aec file from c4d

tonicbeats
05-19-2010, 05:52 PM
hey, I'm trying to open a .aec file from c4d r11.5 in after effects cs5, but when I try to import in after effects the .aec file is greyed out when all acceptable files is selected in the enable drop down, if I try to change the drop down to "All Files", then select the .aec file and click open it gives me an error saying "After Effects Error: Failed to connect to Adobe premiere pro dynamic link. (86 :: 1)". Anyone have an ideas? Thanks in advance for the help!

Mylenium
05-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Is it the latest version of the plug-in? As a workaround, simply import it in CS4 and open the AE project then in CS5...

Mylenium

tonicbeats
05-19-2010, 07:42 PM
yes I have the latest version of the c4d to ae plug from maxon...Is it possible to have ae cs4 installed at the same time as cs5?

ToddKopriva
05-20-2010, 02:47 AM
> Is it possible to have ae cs4 installed at the same time as cs5?

I have After Effects CS3, CS4, and CS5 installed on the same computer, and they work fine. Just make sure that you install the earlier version before installing the later version.

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2010, 02:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.