PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Model Sheet

LjSketch
05-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post in the 2D illustration section....actually...my first real post without asking for technical help. Any how, I am looking for crits from anyone looking to provide. I do not take anything personal and am simply here to learn from others who can see the things I cannot see. Thanks for you time! :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention this is still WIP if not obvious.

Assassin0323
05-19-2010, 11:42 AM
It is a good start you should start adding more highlights and shadows as well as another basic detail pass. I would start refining details at this point. I can see it is still kinda rough in areas just start detailing them up a little more.

Keep posting updates, I can't wait to see the final product!

LjSketch
05-21-2010, 04:29 AM
Thanks for the tips Assassin. Cool name by the way! Here is an update. This is what I ended up turning in for my final in anatomy class. But I am going to add much more detail on top of this, i.e cape, armor, decorative emblems and such for the 3D model I plan to build from this. Let me know what you think.

Assassin0323
05-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Haha thanks for the complement on the name.:D Looking over it at first glance this thing is amazing you did a great job hope you get a good grade on it. Only small thing that I could see is it looks like the feet are a little bit too big but that is a simple scale fix. If you are going to make this a model just be sure to check your arm holes I would have them hugging his shoulders and sides a little bit more, because if he had to lift his arms over his hands I think they would hit his armor. Just wondering what materials are you planning to have the pieces made out of? Because if the chest and back piece is made of any metal, you may want to make the armor into a more plate style.(If it were a solid piece a lot of his movements would be inhibited) Sandals look fine just make sure that you make the shin plates out of some type of strap type material like leather or something, I think that would make your model more realistic. Same for the skirt/kilt(sorry lack of better words :sad: ) you could go a lot of different ways with that I'm looking forward to which path you choose.I see that you have what looks like two layers to his skirt/kilt is that the case?(Just wondering) Overall excellent job, sorry if I got to in depth with my critique.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see how it turns out!

LjSketch
06-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey, thanks for the crit. It really helped a lot. I did not get to fix the feet in time for my deadline and sure enough it was the first thing my professor pointed out :hmm: . Any how, I have fixed the feet and made some corrections to the greaves. You are totally right about the arm holes but I think I will fix that when I model it. I was thinking the armor would be made of one piece but after you crit, his movements would be a little inhibited. Maybe I can make it into several pieces that flex where the body would naturally and attached the metal on top of the large muscle groups?? I guess that is what you meant by plate style. Greaves are probably going to be a combination of metal and leather, the front being made of metal. Still deciding...( I am a little indecisive). And the skirt ( correct term is roman skirt, so you were right) is more than likely going to be leather.

I have attached the changes I made. Let me know what you think. I appreciate all you have given thus far. Thanx :D

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2010, 09:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.