PDA

View Full Version : Watching the game

ralphymeijer
05-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Hi all,

I never been really active on the forum and quite hesitant of posting my own work on the forum. There is so much great work here and it is gonna take a while before I will be on that level. But I have to start showing some work one day, to get some good critique to improve my work. I'm practicing on character animation because that is the direction I want to specialize. Please if you could be so nice give some constructive criticism so I can improve my work. This is my first serious attempt to character animation.

Done with Maya and the Moom rig.

watching the game (http://www.vimeo.com/11826187)

Thanks a lot!

PeterRabel
05-21-2010, 02:49 PM
The animation looks pretty good, but the artifacting on the chair is really distracting. Looks like a normals problem or intersecting faces...

ralphymeijer
05-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know the artifact is distracting. It is a problem with the quality in the brickmap. Should have cranked up the quality but that increased the render times. I'm only rending it on my laptop so I'm missing power. I was focusing on the animation.

Thanks for the critique. Really appreciate it.

Ralph

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2010, 05:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.