PDA

View Full Version : Contour shader questions

PacManiac
05-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I saw this other old thread with this same question, but was unanswered so hope someone knows the answer this time..

I'm trying to set up a contour shader which gets smaller with distance and am using the depthfade shader. The problem is the 'near' parametres seem to be the only thing that will ever show up in a render? I can't for the life of me get this to work..

I'm also trying to get some sort of composite going, is there a way to combine lines? I'm specifically looking for a way to create a contour asset that will let you choose wether to use only silhouettes or include the internal lines, while all lines should be fading with distance. I have to use the material specific shaders and not anything global.

Putting various contour shaders into a mib_color_mix will crash 2011 so that's not going to work.. the mix node will probably screw up the output data anyway.

Hope someone knows how to deal with this..

PacManiac
05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm still hoping someone would help with this. Right now I'd be happy to get just the 'silhouette' or 'simple' contour shaders to be able to fade with distance. I still can't get the 'depthfade' contour shader to work at all. :(

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.