PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray Ambient Occlusion bug

kakubei
05-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Hello,

I am having a serious problem with rendering Ambient Occlusion through batch render, they are coming out in black and white almost like alpha channels. From Mac and Linux, regardless of wheter the AO is created with the built-in MR passes or manually with a shader. Is anyone else seeing this?

The only time the occlusion seems to come out properly is when I render it as part of a 16-bit EXR file but with separate layers it's black and white.

kiryha
05-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Hard to say, can you show image?
May be you have very small fallof distanse.

Eshta
05-18-2010, 02:25 PM
is that AO pass ? or render layer

kakubei
05-18-2010, 02:26 PM
is that AO pass ? or render layer
Both, but I have to do more testing because with the batch render from the software I got it to work by fiddling with the AO settings under Render Globals. However, with the command line render it's still doing the alpha thing.

kiryha,
The falloff, etc is not the problem since the same file rendered inside Maya looks fine in the viewer, but screwed up when rendered with the command line. I just read somewhere that under OS X there are 2 render commands, will have to try the other one to see if this is the problem.

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2010, 02:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.