PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for the Future

rsharpey
05-18-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm really interested in digital art and I want to be a computer modeler/animator someday. I have been researching alot of schools and based on what people say, it's really hard to know which one I should go to. I plan on going to a regular college and double majoring in graphic design and engineering, but I'm still in highschool so anything can happen. I'll use engineerig as job support just in case I have trouble finding a job in digital media industry, but also because I like engineering. :D

So I guess my question is, what should I do to prepare myself for a future career in cg. (i'm 16) And also what school do you recomend the most?

Thanks CG Community!

MrConterno
05-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Hello, the best thing you could do right now is draw A LOT, really get your 2d skills good.

Most would agree these are some of the best in North America:

Ringling (If you want animation these guys are amazing possibly best in the world.)
Gnomon (Their Modeling is top notch)
VFS (All of their programs are really good quality)
VanArts (Decent choice if money is an issue)
Animation Mentor (If you want animation and if an online program is of any interest)

Might also want to check out:
SCAD
Cal Arts
DAVE school

P.S. Research the field as much as possible, the more you know the better.

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2010, 10:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.