PDA

View Full Version : Problems with mib_color_mix and publishing color input

PacManiac
05-17-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm having problems publishing my color0 input on a mib_color_mix from an asset, as soon as I publish it anything connected makes my shader go black. I'm using a file node straight into color0 which then goes into my phong's color.

So connecting file.outColor -> mib_color_mix.color0 -> phong.color works as long as mib_color_mix.color0 isn't published.

Am I using mib_color_mix correctly and the fact that it works when unpublished is just a fluke? My shaderball looks wonky in the hypershade which makes me wonder.

Cheers for any help.

PacManiac
05-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Funny how when you post something all of a sudden you get it to work.. I did this by connecting up file.outColorR + G + B one by one as opposed to using the file.outColor channel. This means more hassle when using the asset as the default drag and drop won't work. I have no idea why this is either.

It does publish 4 color attributes (color, colorR, colorG and colorB) though if you hover over the arrow which little logical sense to me as it means publishing the vector twice.

Am I missing something or is this just plain odd?

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2010, 04:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.