PDA

View Full Version : Go with the Flow Updated

Jayk2k
05-24-2002, 04:12 PM
We've updated the "Go with the Flow" area of the website, with an additional 3 interesting flows to look at.

1) Factory Fire
2) Wet Paint
3) Fillm Gate Jump

You can find these and others by going to www.eyeonline.com and entering the Tips 'N Tricks area.

VascoDa
06-03-2002, 03:23 PM
Hi JayK !

I`ve seen last thread about new features in DF.
Sounds sad.

I`m working with 3d and 2d about 13 years..eh..

My opinion is simply:

DF is very intuitive and perfect package for small and medium productions, shorts, tv-stuff...etc

This "few" tools bundeld in this software, works extremely fast and flexible.

For me and many of my friends the main problem is Timeline.
I`m sure u are working on it now :)

What can I offer besides the words?

This is my simple Particle tutorial for DF.
have fun.

my web:
http://valencia.city.com.pl/
Every still from my works was composed in DF.

and tutorial adress:
http://valencia.city.com.pl/df/Adventures-Of-Sindbad_(particles_tutorial_by_Nicolas_Valencia).zip

Everything is explained inside the flow. (Information Tabs in every tool)

hope it will help someone...

cheers.

Jayk2k
06-03-2002, 05:08 PM
The official announcement for DF4 features will be siggraph.
Until then, I can not comment on anything... :cool:

VascoDa
06-04-2002, 10:41 AM
:drool:
U have no mercy, JayK.

Can u suggest me which one off DF tools I should use to get natural water wave effect on my picture, text, logo..etc?

Usually I`m preparing image seq. from KPT 6 ...haha, yes, yes...very natural wave movement.
Later I`m using it as Displacement map inside DF.

It`s a bit compicated way.

I`m just wandering, how can I do this in DF?

I someone is interested, I can prepare some tutorial about KPT+DF effects :) Just let me know.

thanx.

Jayk2k
06-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Displace is definitely one way to do this. I have a tip on using particles and displace for heat waves on our site as well.

The other option would be to use our drip and/or dent tools to create a water effect, however it probably won't look very real right off the bat, and will need some tweaking.

VascoDa
06-04-2002, 11:51 PM
thanx for reply.

I`m tryin to force particles to help me with it :)

Have u seen KPT realtime fluid simulation?
It`s really impressive. Lack of many options for proffesional use, but extremely natural fluid effects.

Maybe it`s possible to put into DF any "fluid" simulator tool ?
U can tell "it will be only a toy"..., but from my experience, I can say that, any organic or nature-like tools are alwas welcome. Particles helps a lot, Vlam is another great tool.

what u think?

Perlin noise in DF...hm...very poor implementation and very slow.
( Hopefully Blur Studio did it well, but not too much faster )
If u can fix it, it will be great :) Perlin adds a bit of natural look to many things in the flow...usually I have to use another (random)footage to do it, but fast and well designed Perlin noise tool can makes life more comfy.

anyway...thanx for your responses again.
This forum is too calm :)
Are somewhere another forums? with more df users?
I know only about PIGSFLY mailing list, but I hate to recive 1000 e-mails per day.

regards

Jayk2k
06-05-2002, 12:05 AM
Pigsfly is by far the most active... I've been popping in here for a while now, and I'm hoping that things will pick up now that there is an "offical" from eyeon here.

Ikon
06-05-2002, 10:26 AM
I was in the " Production show" festival in London the other day and it was pitty not to see Eyeon there ... :hmm: I hope to see eyeon in european festivals in the future ... I dont know if you guys plan to be in IBC this year ...It would be great to for users to be able to talk directly to you guys about feature request and general talk ... and perhaps who knows ??? for a beer :beer:

Jayk2k
06-05-2002, 06:11 PM
AFAIK we will be at IBC this year with our own booth.:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.